THE JOY OF DRAWING: A COURSE FOR BEGINNERS
Jill Joubert, artist and art teacher
Monday 23–Friday 27 January
9.30 am–12.30 pm
COURSE FEES R3 080
Venue Classroom 3A, Centlivres Building, University Avenue, Upper Campus, University of Cape Town
Maximum number of participants 20
This course will provide step-by-step practical guidance in drawing for beginners, using a variety of materials, formats and styles. Each day will be dedicated to a different subject matter, building on a range of basic drawing techniques.
1. Exploring pencils: playing with text using line, shape, tone and texture and applying these to creating a foolproof abstract composition in pencil.
2. Creating with fine liners and ball point pen: exploring line contours, observation and startling quick sketches.
3. Space and composition: developing simple collage compositions into observational drawing using the grid.
4. Observing from life: learning how to look and to draw what you actually see.
5. Drawing myself: observational drawing using blind contour and continuous line into a proportioned self portrait.
A list of materials will be supplied on registration.
Please bring refreshments should you so wish.